We live in an age where technology is in every aspect of our lives. Whether it’s a computer or a phone, we use the newest and most intelligent technology out there. With every new device comes a charger so that you can charge the device to continue using it. Well, what happens when those chargers start to overheat and spark? That’s what happened at Manville School in Roxbury, Massachusetts.
Apparently a phone charger overheated and started to spark, so the student threw the charger to the ground. A group of students then took the charger to a bathroom and a teacher tried to help the situation by putting water on it. That’s when all hell broke loose because the charger started letting off an unknown gas that made people feel lightheaded! Damn! What the hell was in that charger?! And more importantly, why is that a thing that is ok for the public?
Eight people ended up going to the hospital to be checked out. The school was not evacuated and an air test was done to ensure the safety of the students.
How does a charger overheat?! One would think that with all of the chargers in America alone, more chargers would overheat and spark or explode or whatever. Is this the start of a trend of poorly made chargers? No one really knows, but after hearing this story, watch out for chargers that are overheating and if they are, DON'T PUT THEM IN WATER!