A woman in North Carolina was bitten recently by a copperhead snake while taking out her recycling.
Lisa Romanoff spent 12 hours in the ER after posting a picture on Facebook with a caption saying "This snake just bit me. Hurts! Is it poisonous????” Once people responded with a resounding, "YES" and her foot swelled to about three times its normal size.
Romanoff said she experienced excruciating pain but now she is on the up-and-up.
“My treatment is ‘aggressive elevation.’ Have to keep my leg straight and elevated above my heart so the venom doesn’t pool in places like behind my knee,” she said on Facebook.
Romanoff's husband did end up killing the slippery creature but she wishes she could have done it herself. But you know, taking on a snake didn't work out so well the first time, now did it Lisa?